Monday, June 4, 2007

Touch Sense-ational

Not really something on my mind, but something that I'm finding pretty amazing. It's the new Microsoft Surface. Utilizing a 30" display on a "coffee table", it allows the user to fully interact with it in every way imaginable. Have some pictures on your digital camera you want to share, but don't want to have to use your computer or show them on the small screen? Just place your camera on Surface and, voila, all your pictures are instantly transfered to the "table". Then you can place your wireless cell phone on the table and drag any pictures to the phone and have them copied to it. Quite amazing. And that's only scratching the Surface (you really wouldn't want to scratch it. Price estimates are between $5000 and $10000). Unfortunately, the initially steep price tag will have most people without a place to put anything on. It's estimated for a Winter 2007 release. Here are some links with more information and videos of it in action (links will open in a new window).

www.microsoft.com/surface
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/industry/4217348.html

1 comment:

Angel of Delusion said...

I'm a bit of a techy and enjoyed this post. It's an interesting idea and I look forward to seeing how it catches on. Though at that price, I think I'll be keeping my old style wooden coffee table for awhile.

angelofdelusion.blogspot.com